*Faith Greater than Our Fears

Have you lately been bewildered like me by the people whom you think you knew, but turn out that you don’t? Or a situation and life’s encounter which you think you knew how to handle but you actually don’t know how to manage at all? What would you do when you have a mixed feeling of deep fear as well as tidbits of hope on what is about to happen in the near future as a result of these? And let me take you deeper - perhaps when you find yourself in darkness and, yet despite that, you see some rays of light at what seems to be the end of the tunnel? When some seem to sing war-songs and others’ rhetoric appear to brag normality as if nothing happened? And in the midst of all these, you find yourself standing alone or at times taken by the whim unwillingly. I don’t know about you but I pray to make my faith BIGGER and hope for BETTER rather than being immersed in the imminent danger and fear that clouds the air. It always reminds me of the Biblical Habakkuk’s words”Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!” (Habakkuk 3:17-18)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Visionary Reformer and His Hilarious Encounters with the Traditionalists!

Silencing the Empty Viral Shriek in Unison

Becoming Victims of a Single Fictional Narrative (part 1)